Autoscopy Project

 For this project, I immediately had this idea come to mind. My whole life, I've struggled with anxiety and depression. This does not mean that I am sad all the time, it just means that I have to put in more effort to be happy. Because of this, I try to view every situation positively no matter what, hence the angel side. My demons on the demon side that I struggle with are immense amounts of constant anxiety that never seems to go away and my fight to stay positive and keep seeing the light. I did not make this to have a depressing message, I've struggled with depression and anxiety throughout my life, but that doesn't stop me from being positive and having a happy outlook on life experiences. I focused on dealing with my emotions no matter how anxious I feel, and that is the light side of the image. In order to make the image, I propped my phone up on a glass, and aimed it at my white wall. After this, I stood as still as I possibly could and used my Apple watch to take a picture of me with both a flat expression and another one with a smile. Once this was done, I cropped out the background for both images and lined up my face in half as accurately as I possibly could. After this I added red to the flat side and blue to the right side as placeholders, I looked online for images of halos and horns, and I had to transform them and crop them to fit properly as well as using various filters. After this I downloaded an image of hellfire online, and used a burn effect as well as removing the parts that are not on my face. After this, I placed the original version of the flame as a layer under myself and adjusted lighting to make it natural. Once this was done, I added a mask around my eye and added a red layer, and I adjusted the opacity to make it brighter than the rest of the image but not too bright where imperfections were obvious. Lastly for this side I deleted my original all red layer to not dilute the flame. Next I focused on the angel side which was significantly easier. To do this, I found an image of the pearly gates, and I aligned the opening to heaven with the angel so it has a slight shadow as well as clouds around it. This coincidentally lined up perfectly with the rest of my body so it worked out perfectly. Next I wanted to make my face and body brighter to make a bigger contrast with the demon side, so I used the same image and erased around the background to make it only hit my face and body, and i used a burn filter again and lowered the opacity to make it blend perfectly. Once this was done, I used the blur tool to go over the line where the demon and angel side combined to get rid of the hard edge that was on it, as well as using it on where the demon horn attached to my head to make the imperfections appear less bad. Once all of this was done, I added a slight vignette around the image to make the focus my face and to appear more well put together. Here is the final result:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logos + Business Card Designs

Rotoscopy Animation

ASCII Image Introduction