Rotoscopy Animation

 For this project, I knew almost immediately what I wanted to do for it. I love music, so I wanted to incorporate that into the project. The more I thought about it, I realized that I could have the background change colors when I put on my headphones, and that it would allow for a transition into the credits. To make this, I recorded myself walking over to my couch, turning on my sound system, and putting on bluetooth headphones and listening to music while bumping my head. Once this was done, I added an all black background and used a 4pt white brush tool for it to contrast. 40 hours later of drawing, I used the bucket tool to add all of the colors for my skin, shirt, socks, shorts, hair, and headphones, and I also added the different color backgrounds once I hit the frame where I put my headphones on and used the 5 disco hex codes to make the colors. After this, since each color was changing for 4 frames, I added 4 frames of music notes in changing sizes, and made them visible on the corresponding frames. Once this was all done, I realized that the color changing portion that I looked forward to wasn't very long, so I had the color changing transition into the credits to prolong the effect. Once all of this was done, I went back through with the brush tool to fill in spots that the bucket tool missed, and I added an additional top layer of white 4px brush tool on areas that got cut on the varying layers to add consistency. After I finished all of this, I had the text for my credits fading in from 0% opacity going up 5% each slide until the end of the animation. I exported 2 GIFs, one with 8 colors and another with 128, both with no dither and 400x400p, and an MP4 that is 1280x1280. Here is the final result:








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logos + Business Card Designs

ASCII Image Introduction