Logos + Business Card Designs




    I began this project by making a list of the first 5 words that came to my mind in order to describe myself. The words that immediately popped into my head were introverted, passive, quiet, positive, and relaxed. Once I accomplished this step, I went online to find inspiration for designs that I could make myself that would be simple and versatile. While I am no artist, my goal was to design something that was basic enough where if I drew it, I would be able to get the image from my mind onto paper and be able to transfer my ideal design into illustrator. 







    While drawing the designs, I realized that I enjoyed the style of being symbolic while incorporating the word that I am attempting to describe into the design, so that was my goal while making the drawings. When I was on my third word, I began to realize that my designs instead of being unique were focusing too much on trying to incorporate the word into the design and not the design itself. After I realized this, I changed the focus to an image while having a sub-focus on the word, which can be seen in my drawings for the word quiet. The second I finished the designs, I immediately liked the quiet one the most, and the professor agreed, so I decided to proceed with it and use it as inspiration for my design.






    The design came out perfect. It did take me a decent amount of time to line up the anchor points and get the same curvature on each finger, but it achieves the goal that I desired. I wanted the design to appear cartoonish with sleek, rounded edges, and that includes the text. I also wanted to make the fingers and thumb connect in a way which allows the viewers eyes to move around the image while simultaneously maintaining a simplistic approach. I also realized that since I made the logo the shush symbol that I did not need to additionally say quiet on top of the label, so I used my name since it is a depiction of one of my personality traits. My original design pictured below is the second from the right, and the rest are negative and positive variants to highlight the versatility factor. I am happy with this design and it turned out exactly how I wanted it.


 
    Below include all of my business card designs, including the original logo on a white background, and the negative version on an all black background. I did this to also highlight versatility and to see how it would work if the designs orientation was in both horizontal and vertical. While I could have made the label portion a purple or pinkish color to be fully negative, because the hand is already a color that is not humanely possible I believe that it is not necessary and would be too bright and take away from the image. 





    After all 4 variants of the logo and the positive and negative business cards were created, I placed my logo on 3D primitives to show its versatility and universality as well. I chose different shapes as well as colors to show that it works well on not only different types of surfaces, but different colors as well. Because it has a whitish skin tone and a contrasting cyan with the black outline, it works on nearly all colors without modification. This design worked out perfectly once I finished the initial design and I am pleased with the final result. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rotoscopy Animation

ASCII Image Introduction