Calligram + Letter to my future self

 Dear future Ray, 

 

Currently I am 21 years old, and I am in my junior year of college taking FMX 210. I’m dating the girl that I'm going to marry and can’t wait to do so after college. Normally I’m a happy person, it takes a lot to ruin my day, and I hope future me is the same way. After I graduate, I want to marry the girl I love, and advertise for a tech firm until I can afford to start my own business. My goals for today are to pay more attention to the stock market, focus on graduating on time, and to be as active as possible. While I love college, I want to get out there and work so I can start my adulthood and finally feel like I’m the one that’s controlling my life. I know that in the future I would do anything to come back to college, but for me right now I just feel trapped. It is a blessing to be in college, but I feel like an outcast since my goals in life seem different from everybody else's. Most people here focus more on getting drunk and going out to bars than getting their money's worth for the classes they are paying to take. I try not to be judgmental of others and they are free to spend their time however they would like, but that is not what I like to do. I like being by myself or with a small group, I like restoration and renovation. I love cars and being able to fix things by myself. Another one of my goals is to be able to fix anything by myself without having to call someone to do it for me. I like control and want to be able to solve all my own problems. I know that isn’t possible, but I want to improve at more manual labor. Future me better be able to fix stuff around his house and be more outgoing and extroverted. Right now, I feel barred with anxiety stuck in a small circle, and I need to overcome that. The real world won’t care that I’m quiet or shy, it just wants the work done, and I must be able to do that. I know that I’m more than capable and that I’m smart enough, I just need to force myself to be outgoing and I’m hoping future me is better at that by now. Future Ray, you’re welcome I found your dream girl for you, and thank you for overcoming your fears and being as successful as I expect you to be.  




For this project‭, ‬I knew that I wanted to use the photo of me that was taken in a recent photo shoot with me and my girlfriend because of the high quality image and texture on the shirt that I was wearing‭. ‬I knew this would be a solid idea since I could use the eye dropper tool and to pick the color for the texts and that I could use the pen tool to add anchor points on the pattern‭ ‬and curves of my shirt in order to show the pattern and wrinkles in the shirt‭. ‬Once this was done‭, ‬I added a black background to add realism to the shirt since that is what it looks like in real life‭. ‬While it does partially take away from the darker text‭ ‬and buttons‭, ‬I feel as if without it that it does not look like a solid object‭, ‬so I kept it on for consistency‭. ‬The main issue‭ ‬that I ran into was that I was dividing each piece into sections‭, ‬and while doing so I only did one section per each part of my‭ ‬face‭, ‬and because of this the text became too distorted and there was too much space in my face and not enough texture‭. ‬I should have changed my style for the face to give it more texture‭, ‬but I was confused on how to do this until I saw the examples in class‭. ‬I had a lot of fun making this assignment‭, ‬and I will work on adding more details‭ ‬to allow for more realism in the future‭.‬






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logos + Business Card Designs

Rotoscopy Animation

ASCII Image Introduction