COVID-19 Vaccination Poster

     For this project, I decided initially that I wanted to do an army theme involving hunter green, so I took a picture of myself doing a salute. However no matter how many different backgrounds I tried, I couldn't get my features to show, so I had to change the background to black and use my flash and adjust the exposure in my image in order to make this version work. Once I did this, I had to crop my image to 8.5x11, and I realized that it would be more relevant today to make it about COVID-19 since both WW2 and COVID-19 are global battles, we all have to come together to defeat the enemy (COVID). In order to achieve this effect, I googled WW2 propaganda posters in order to get an idea for the verbiage that was used back then, and the ways they used imagery to add empowerment and styling into the propaganda. Once I saw these, I used my color palette to add camouflage to my face in order to create a WW2 style appearance. I liked how it had gotten rid of my hair since everybody had buzz cuts in the military, so I  added black around the edges to make it blend into the background and appear natural. Once I had achieved my desired effect, I rounded all of the sharp edges on my face in order to blur it more into the camouflage to complete the styling. Next, kept my hand white and rounded the edges in order to distinguish it from my face as well as the fact that it was only face paint used back then. After that, I chose the hunter green color for my text and used a hard styled text in caps lock in order to create a strong military style text. I chose to make the text about defending our country to show that it is a team effort in order to defeat COVID-19. Lastly, I added my name, added a clipping mask, and made sure to keep the proportions 8.5x11, then I exported it as a JPG and here is both the original image and the final result.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logos + Business Card Designs

Rotoscopy Animation

ASCII Image Introduction